Cookie crumble #3, celebrated her 5th birthday with a few friends from school last weekend.
We had a tea party and I made these little beauties for her.
They are super easy and I wish I had of counted how many the recipe made, as there were quite a few! I would be guessing at 24 biscuit sandwiches, with lots of little hearts which I decorated. But I guess it depends on the size of the cookie cutter!
You will need:
250g unsalted butter, softened
1 cup of castor sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
2 cups of plain flour, sifted
2 cups of S.R. flour, sifted
White chocolate writing fudge
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
2. Cream together butter and sugar with electric beaters until pale and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla until well combined. Fold the flours through until a soft dough forms.
3. Turn the dough out onto a sheet of baking paper and place another on top. Roll the dough to approximately 5mm thick.
4. Using a large round cookie cutter, cut out your biscuits. Place half on the baking tray and with the other half, use a small heart cookie cutter to cut out the center of the cookies forming a framed window. Place these on your baking tray.
5. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove from the oven and cool completely on a wire rack.
6. Once cooled, spread the base with jam and sandwich with the heart frame cookie to show a window of jam in the center.
7. The smaller cut out hearts can be decorated by squirting the fudge in lines over the cookies and then sprinkled with colored sprinkles. Very pretty!